Dear Agony Bunny,
I am a 24-year-old man. I keep myself clean and remove my pubic hair regularly using a pair of scissors. I have an unbearable itch and I have to scratch immediately for relief, even while having intercourse. I have sex with my partner twice a week on an average, without protection. Also, we are a very adventurous couple and have sex till 2 am. I feel an intense burning sensation while urinating too. Is this due to insufficient sleep? Or do I need to see a doctor?
--- Name withheld on request
Dear friend,
This condition has nothing to do with sleep deprivation. Please try some more hygienic products to wash your underwear. A fabric softner should help as well. People get itchy skins by two ways: one is by friction of skins, which can be cured with some anti-itch cream; the other is when you grow fungus which is called the rings or the ringworms as the fungus feeds on your skin. If you see anything weird near your genitalia, consult a doctor.