Dear Miss Bunny,
My son is 9 year old and I found him checking porn on the computer one day. Later that week, me and my husband went on a trip to Las Vegas leaving him behind with a babysitter who stays next door and is a charming 16 year old. We were about to come home by next day evening but we came by afternoon to surprise my kid. But when we came home, we were not able to find him in the living room or the pool so I went to check him in his room (as the stereo in his room was playing.) I asked my husband to unload our bags from the cars while I went up to his room. I knocked and went inside. To my surprise, he was sleeping with the babysitter, both naked. He was groping her tiny undeveloped breasts while she held his prick. I was shocked to see such a sight and I left the room without any noise. I came downstairs and asked my husband not to go to his room as our kid was sleeping. He nodded affirmatively and went to our room to change. I was so terrified to say or do anything, so I sat on the living room sofa till our son woke up. He came down after an hour or so with the babysitter holding hands. I couldn’t react as he is our only son and we love him. I have not uttered a word to anyone but I’m going crazy thinking of it. Did I react under react? Am I spoiling my kid? Should I complain the babysitter’s parents about the incidence? Should I consult a psychiatrist? Does my kid need help?
--- Mother in distress
Dear Mother in distress,
Talk about the “birds and bees” to your son. Try to get him interested in your talks. Try to open him up. With the description which you gave me, I suppose he is a loner and tries to be alone for most of his time. Try to make him social. Take him to parks regularly, take him to picnics, and try to socialize him with kids his age. Let him be friends with the babysitter in your presence. Try to act like his friend rather than his mother. Your child will soon grow affection towards you.