coming from an indian family, my mum told me that i have to marry within the religion. however, i fell in love with a guy that is not. He was the most sweetest caring guy that i have ever met in my entire life and he was the one for me. knowing that i cannot be with him i hurt the guy sooo much despite not wanting to i pushed him and pushed him away to such an extent that he doesnt wana be with me. I made the distance sooo bad that now he is turning round and saying he wants to be friends, but i did that for a reason. But the thing is i know that i made that decision and it is now killing me inside. I love him so much. Now after 3 weeks he is trying to say that he loves another person. I am sooo devastated. i know it is my fault but i had good intentions. I just dont know what to do. He is gettin on with his life and I cant. I need your advice!
--- Name withheld on request
Dear friend,
Great one! Another example of how religion can come between humanity. Well, I need to ask exactly how educated is your mother? Because education gives you knowledge to give you an independent mind to know where ‘labels’ come from when they are thrown around. Education gives you freedom. Freedom of choice to know things when other authorities stand up and dictate for you.